|Monday||07:00 am to 07:30 pm|
|Tuesday||07:00 am to 07:30 pm|
|Wednesday||07:30 am to 07:30 pm|
|Thursday||07:30 am to 07:30 pm|
|Friday||07:30 am to 07:30 pm|
|Saturday||07:30 am to 07:30 pm|
|Sunday||07:30 am to 07:30 pm|
Cherating Beach is also a good place for beginners to learn surfing as it has a sandy bottom and waves that are easy to negotiate in most places. WIth numerous guesthouses and surf schools along the beach, finding a board to rent won’t be too difficult.
Malaysia’s surfing scene is also somewhat non-existent, so you won’t be seeing the massive crowds as you would at other countries. Coupled with cheap accommodation and a perfect little seaside village, your surfing experience at Cherating will definitely be a memorable one.
- Board shorts
- Surfing suits / Rash guards
- Your own surfboard (if you wish to save up cost)
- Plenty of water
- Sun block
- Surfboards for rent
- Surfing equipments for rent
- Food stalls
- It is better if you bring a friend with you who can assist you or call for help in case an emergency occurs.
- Protect your head when you fall. Alternatively, you could wear a helmet.
- Make sure you’re fit enough and strong for swimming or paddling against the waves!
- During the peak surfing season, always be mindful of other surfers and always hold onto your board.
- If bad weather conditions persist, come back the next day for risk-free surfing.
- Being one of the most popular places in the country for surfing, make sure your hotel rooms and transportation to Cherating are well booked in advance for surf season!
- Be sure to check the weather forecasts before you plan for your surfing trip here.
- Surf packages for beginners with surf lessons and an included stay at a local chalet would cost around RM 470 - RM670.
- Renting out a surfboard from the local guesthouses would cost you around RM 50 per day.